- This event has passed.
18th November 2015 @ 1:30 pm - 6:30 pm
CIO / CSO – Briefing Workshop
Everyone is talking about the cloud. Some are doing it whilst many are struggling. While there seem to be many business and financial advantages, there are clearly architectural & technical matters to be dealt with to marry internal & external systems, many legal and regulatory aspects to be looked into, applicability to organization-specific business processes to be assessed, cybersecurity concerns to be mitigated, organisational consequences to be considered, etc. So what seems at first hand a “no-brainer” suddenly becomes a challenge… and the recent judgement of the European Court of Justice on Safe Harbour doesn’t simplify things. Therefore we invite you to come and actively participate in this briefing/workshop.
Programme & Speakers
• Opening of the briefing / workshop
Paul DE VROEDE (host) & Erik R. VAN ZUUREN (vice-chair EEMA)
• Cloud and the European Digital Single Market – an EC policy & strategy view
Dirk van Rooy, Head of Sector, DG Connect, European Commission
• Project experiences & preliminary findings coming in context of Cloud4Europe
Paulo Calcada, Cloud4Europe
• Legal challenges in a post-Safe Harbour and pre-GDPR cloud world
Hans Graux, Time.lex
• A regulator’s point of view with regard to the application of cloud
Vincent Morren, Prudential IT Supervision, National Bank of Belgium
• Case Studies from a Global Solution Provider’s view
Ruediger Dorn, Director Cloud Computing, Microsoft Europe
• A European Cloud Provider’s Vision & Experiences
Clive Grethe – Head of Canopy Cloud Northern Europe
• A Sanity-check on Cloud from a Benelux perspective… time for cloud 2.0 ?
Zander Colaers, COO Cegeka
• Closing drink and further discussions